A total of eight ( 8 ) Barangay Development Program (BDP) Projects in San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur will soon commence after the Zamboanga del Sur Provincial Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (ZDS PTF-ELCAC) held the Groundbreaking Ceremony on October 30, 2021.
The said groundbreaking ceremony was spearheaded by ZamboSur PTF-ELCAC Chairperson and Governor Victor J. Yu together San Miguel SB Member Hon. Ex D. Ocapan, 53IB Executive Officer Cpt. Bahnarin Camsa, and ZamboSur 1st District Representative Congw. Divina Grace Yu.
The ELCAC projects in San Miguel that broke ground were as follows:
* Upgrading/Concreting of Barangay Dumalian Road;- Construction of Water System Level II at Barangay Dumalian;
* Construction of Storage Building and Solar Dryer and Access Road at Barangay Dumalian;
– Upgrading/ Concreting of Purok 2, Barangay Ocapan;
– Construction of Solar Dryer with Storage Building at Barangay Ocapan;
– Construction of fully furnished Day Care with CR, sink, tables and chairs, cabinet and blackboard at Barangay Ocapan;- Construction of Farmer’s Training Center at Barangay Ocapan; and
*Construction of Water System Level II at Barangay Ocapan.
In a statement, 53IB Commanding Officer Lt. Col. Jo-ar Herrera said these projects will be crucial in achieving sustainable peace in San Miguel.”
These projects —the very projects brought up by the communities to our CSP teams—intend to address the root causes of insurgency and are therefore crucial in sustaining peace here in San Miguel,” said Lt. Col. Herrera.
San Miguel has three (3) barangays that are included in the BDP, namely: Barangay Dumalian, Concepcion, and Ocapan.
All of which are previous conflict-affected barangays and were declared “clear” from the Communist-Terrorist Group (CTG) influence through the Army’s Community Support Program (CSP) in September 2019. These barangays will receive 20M as part of the BDP, the flagship program of ELCAC which was conceptualized to finally address insurgency by bringing sustainable solutions and basic services to communities in need.
The activity was also participated by DILG LGOO-V Mr. Jerome Loyd M. Ogawan and Ms. Bechel S. Tanguamos, PADS RTA; 547th Engineer Battalion Executive Officer Maj. Aclo, and ZamboSur Provincial Engineer Antonio Laurenciana.