The Philippine Army’s 53rd Infantry “Matapat” Battalion attended the Joint Municipal Peace and Order Council (MPOC) and Municipal Anti-Drug Abuse Council (MADAC) Meeting on May 12, 2021, at the Municipal Hall of Tukuran, Zamboanga del Sur.
53IB Alpha Company Commander 1Lt. Janryl Gumalad discussed the following during the meeting:
– Communist-NPA-Terrorists Situation Update
– 53IB’a Peacebuilding Efforts and Community Engagements
– 53IB’s Digital Initiatives (Facebook Page and Website) and Breaking Free Book
– Better Life Program for CAFGUsOther topics include:- PNP discussion on Anti-Drug Abuse efforts Updates
-Municipal Local Government Operations Officer (MLGOO) discussion on Municipal Peace and Order and Public Safety (POPS) Updates
– MHO discussion on the schedules of COVID-19 vaccination in Tukuran
The meeting was spearheaded by Tukuran Mayor Macario Tingson, Tukuran MPS P/CMS Joseph Novero, DILG MGLOO Elizabeth Rubanes, Municipal Health Officer Dr. Charine Vega, Chief, Municipal Environment and Natural Resources Officer Rodrigo Vidad, Chief, MSWD Officer Jose Cirilo Mugar, and PDEA-ZDS Officer Cesario Judilla.
These activities are parts of the 53IB’s drive to pursue transformation to become a world class Army that is a source of national pride by 2028 in line with the Army Transformation Roadmap (ATR).